Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Twisting Away

two full days in bed. a good 40 hours sleep brought on by a not so late night on saturday. i guess you could say that i was wrecked by the last few weeks of work and stress. goodness. tuesday at 1 and i have been awake only about 40 minutes.

when i twist like this in my bed my brain does funny things to me. i live halfway between here and there, in a type of middle-class dream/nightmare with large expanses of cheap motels and rubbery chicken.

i can smell the humid air when i open the door a crack to tell the cleaning lady that i will not be needing the place made up today. i smell the half smoked cigarette on the painted concrete outside my window...through the glass.

it has been a very long time since something like this has happened to me. i have been following the straight and narrow as much as i could really. it has been an amazing thing to quit smoking and stick with it. it is also safe to say that i am like this today because of work. really stressing me out, this long dull project that in the end is pretty damned cool but i dont see it that way anymore. honest.

brother in town soon.